Sep 10, 2011

Big City Now Now

The bf and I have been planning to hit up Albany for some time now, so today we finally took a little sojourn down 87 and took a self-guided walking tour (i.e. wandering aimlessly using GPS when necessary).  The city was pretty empty, which seems to be the trend for a lot of capitol cities...well, ok, Harrisburg is my only point of comparison, but the analysis stands.

We checked out Empire Plaza, which was very nice and government-y:

I quite liked The Egg, a theater made of architectural awesomeness in the plaza itself:

There were a few parks, where we met my new best friend (he had a hat and was quite dapper):

And we saw some war memorials, where I decided to honor our veterans with a moment of silence (and foot rest):

We stopped off at the Albany Pump Station for dinner, complete with a tasty, tasty burger.  Then, homeward bound for some rest, relaxation, League of Legends, and a bit of business as I may or may not be getting my first online editing gig (fingers crossed!).

All in all, it was a good day with a great companion, and I couldn't be happier.  Now I must go soak my poor feet.







No comments:

Post a Comment