Nov 20, 2011

Anticipation

I have my first job interview tomorrow, and while my stomach isn't filled with various fluttery insects just yet, I've watched too many sitcoms not to be apprehensive of some grand setback (with or without wacky consequences).  What if I forget my shoes and have to interview in my driving sneakers?  What if I get lost on the way there?  What if the job has already been filled and my interview is only for bureaucratic purposes (this is probably my greatest fear)?

The biggest problem I'm having is, after doing research on the company, I would really like to work there.  If I don't get the position, I will actually be disappointed.  There is so much opportunity for growth within the company, they serve a non-profit client base, and they do charitable work of their own.  It meets a great deal of my criteria, and I'd be sad to see it go.  Especially if I end up working at GameStop, explaining to an exasperated mom why her 8-year-old Tommy probably shouldn't play Dead Space 2 (I know this reference is a little dated, but my boyfriend is playing it in the background as I'm writing this.  I can't stop thinking of the Zero Punctuation review.)

So, I've got the outfit.  I've got the shoes.  I've got the credentials.  I've got the attitude.  Now I just need to get the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment