Nov 16, 2011

Too Much Time on my Hands

Every time I hear that song, I have to fist-pump the air during the chorus (yes, even on the elliptical, which was awkward, believe me).  It has become my personal anthem.

Not that I'm completely complaining.  The job search certainly has the benefit of self-introspection.  I think long and hard about the type of jobs I actually want out of the ones I apply to, and it tells me a lot about myself.  I always knew I was an idealist, but the jobs I get the most excited about are non-profit jobs.

I'm not saying money isn't important.  I do have student loans and a little Kia which need my monetary attentions.  However, I don't need a great deal of money, and I would really love to get up in the morning, knowing that the office I will be sitting in may make a difference in someone's life that day.  It's a lot easier to put on your shoes with that thought in your head.

I am applying to every position I'm remotely qualified for (see: sitting in front of a computer screen and typing), but I've really got my fingers crossed for those few jobs I'd be proud to put on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment